Position: Summer Intern – Marketing Intern
Internship is for credit only – It is unpaid
BASE Sports Group (BASE) is the national leader in amateur sports partnerships. BASE is growing exponentially – changing the way the sports market approaches sponsorship. We work with the largest girls basketball event in the world, we represent the largest high school baseball podcast, and we work with many other exciting youth and community sports properties.
BASE helps youth and community sports events and facilities source, negotiate, and execute sponsorship opportunities in 30 states, including over 350 events in more than 25 sports and 12 million individuals.
If you are passionate, bright, and hardworking, BASE wants to hire YOU to be an intern for us this summer. Join us in changing the sponsorship game.
- Experience working with a quickly growing start-up
- Firsthand experience in building a company
- Future full-time/part-time consideration
- Opportunity to build and strengthen personal portfolio of experience in different roles
- Build relationships and network of wide-ranging individuals and organizations
- Engage in 360 degrees of the sponsorship marketplace and cycle (strategy, building, analyzing)
- Report directly to BASE Co-founder
- Create, proof, and publish BASE and partner-related news, press releases, announcements, and relevant information
- Play a crucial role in the management and content development of our social media accounts (Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Manage a social media content calendar
- Conduct market research to develop PR and marketing-related strategies
- Work with website development team to create website content and SEO
- Attend regular meetings and proactively communicate with the sales and operations team
- Creation of key tools and resources
- Proactively follow-up on action items and deliverables as assigned
- Miscellaneous responsibilities assigned by BASE staff
- Have an excellent attitude and ability to work well in both individual and group settings
- Proficient writing skills
- Demonstrate digital literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and various social media platforms
- Be able to generate original and imaginative solutions to business opportunities
- Demonstrate a forward-thinking and positive attitude
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong desire to learn about our business and grow your professional career
- Effectively express ideas verbally and in writing
- Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
- Experience in graphic design (Canva, Adobe Suite)
- Experience with WordPress
BASE Sports Group is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BASE Sports Group to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Send resumes and any questions to: [email protected].